The McInnis family loses everything in Boxing Day house fire - 660 NEWS
Loading articles...

The McInnis family loses everything in Boxing Day house fire

Last Updated Jan 3, 2018 at 7:45 am MST

Christina McInnis and her children; Rizzo, Nina, Mila, Vitto and their pet gecko Cosmos.

The McInnis family is struggling to get by after losing it all.

The family was living in a house located in the 500 Block of Lake Moraine Green southeast, but on Boxing Day, a fire engulfed the home, burning everything.

Christina McInnis, and her four children don’t have anywhere to live together and have no belongings. That’s why they are asking for help.

After the residence burnt down, they learned that they only have enough insurance money to cover about one room.

Christina’s mother, Cheryl Somers, said she’s happy everyone escaped the blaze including Cosmos the gecko.

“I’m feeling like a really bad mom because I can’t financially do what I want to, to help my kids,” she said. “So I’m asking for help any other way that I can. It’s really hard to see my kids like this.”

She said its been really hard on her daughter, but they are all trying to remain positive.

If you want to support the family they’ve launched a Go Fund Me page and you can donate right here!